Some Christmas Cocktail ideas
It's the season to be jolly, which means celebrating with family and friends – and indulging in the odd Christmas cocktail. Here you will find a few alternatives the eggnog this festive season. These aren't cocktails on our drinks and cocktail menus (view them here) ... they are ones you should give a go yourselves! : )
Baileys Flat White Martini
- Pop some ice cubes into a cocktail shaker and pour in the Bailey's
- Add espresso and vodka
- Shake it up until everything is perfectly blended and the liquid is silky smooth.
- Strain into a cocktail glass. Finish by gently placing three coffee beans on the top of the cocktail and enjoy.
Heston Blumenthal's Raisin and star anise gin infusion recipe
- Place some gin, raisins and star anise into a container and allow to infuse for three days at room temperature.
- Pour the infused gin with the sherry and orange wedges into a cocktail shaker, fill to the top with ice cubes. Place the lid on top of the shaker and, holding the top, shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Pour the drink through a fine tea strainer into six chilled tumbler glasses. Add a couple of drops of orange blossom to each drink and serve.
Margot Henderson’s negroni
- Mix some gin, vermouth and Campari together with a stirrer and pour over ice into an old-fashioned glass or a club goblet.
- Garnish with a slice of orange and serve.
Drink responsibly kids : )